The MODX7 is the 76-key model in the company’s next-generation MODX series of affordable, high-performance synthesizers. Packing powerful technologies ported from Yamaha’s flagship Montage series, the MODX range features numerous state-of-the-art upgrades from their MOXF predecessors, including the AWM2 sample and synthesis engine fortified with eight times more waveforms, a powerful new 8-operator FM-X engine modernized for amazingly dynamic sonics and complex sound design, and Motion Control Synthesis for seamless integration and powerful control of both sound engines.
In addition to the AWM2 and FM-X sound engines, the MODX7 is packed with sophisticated features (many handed down from Montage), including the Super Knob, which gives you simultaneous control over multiple parameters; the ability to send ten and return four audio channels plus 16 MIDI channels to/from your computer or iOS device over USB; Live Sets, which allow for Performance organization without copying, renaming, or changing order; and an A/D input that processes external audio sources through the MODX DSP.
Also onboard is Yamaha’s Motion Sequences feature, which drives synth parameters via rhythmic control data you can intuitively interact with in real time; an Envelope Follower that lets you use internal or external audio as a synth parameter control source; and a Vocoder effect that re-creates the classic voice-synth sound. Four-part Seamless Sound Switching, the capacity for 27 simultaneous effects, an onboard 4-in/10-out audio interface, and 1GB of internal flash memory complete the feature set. The MODX7 gives you a powerful modern synthesizer, a potent controller with a multichannel USB audio/MIDI interface for extensive DAW and VST control, and an expressive 76-note LC synth-weighted keyboard to drive it all.
- Motion Control is a highly customizable synthesizer engine control matrix
- The Super Knob controls multiple parameters simultaneously for highly expressive sound interaction
- AWM2 provides data compression without sacrificing sound quality
- 192-note total polyphony: 128-note stereo AWM2 + 64-note FM-X
- 1 GB Internal Flash memory lets you install your own samples and external libraries for a completely personalized sound set
- FM-X features 8-operator FM synthesis capable of producing incredible dynamic sound
- Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effect and signal processors
- Sidechain automatically controls the dynamic behavior of one part from another
- Vocoder effect recreates classic synth vocal sounds
- USB “TO HOST” allows MIDI connectivity to your USB-equipped computer or iOS device
- The USB “TO DEVICE” port allows connection of USB flash drives for storing and recalling data
- Rhythm Pattern is a quick and easy way to add drums or percussion to any Performance
- 10 Send, 4 Return USB Audio/MIDI Interface for Mac/PC.
- iOS audio/MIDI connectivity: control and monitor iOS softsynths, audio recorders and many other music apps
- Live Sets allow Performance organization without copying, changing order or renaming
- 4-Part Seamless Sound Switching: change Performances while holding notes without sound or effect cutoff
- Control Assign allows quick, easy parameter to control assignment
- The A/D Input processes external audio sources through the instrument DSP.
- Motion Sequences are tempo-synchronized control sequences for creating rhythmic sound changes
- The Envelope Follower lets internal or external audio control synthesizer parameters